Are you interested in cars and complex technology?
Do you have a knack for mechanics but are also interested in electronics? Then this is the vocational training for you!
Automechatronics is about troubleshooting and repairing defective vehicles. Automotive technicians use a wide variety of tools. They range from a multimeter for voltage testing, to a ratchet for (dis)assembling components, to welding machines for body repair.
If you enjoy the large variety of this trade and you are generally interested in technology, a vocational training as an automotive mechatronics technician at KAYEC could be just the right choice to start your career!
Facts about the Course
- Duration: 6 months (two intakes per year, starting in January and July)
- Costs: N$ 1500 at the beginning of the course, N$ 1500 before the course ends (N$ 3000 in total)
- NTA-level: 2
Content of the Course
- Apply safety rules and regulations in an automotive mechanics workshop
- Apply Automotive Mechanics service tools and equipment.
- Plan, organize and complete work in an Automotive Mechanics environment
- Clean and finish the interior, exterior and components of an automobile.
- Apply knowledge of basic components of an automobile
- Use basic metal processing tools in Automotive Mechanics.
- Apply basic metal joining techniques used in automotive mechanics.
Compulsory Generic Subjects
- Engineering Science
- First Aid
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Technical Drawing
Perspectives after Passing the Course
- Applying at a company with the KAYEC certificate
- Opening your own business as an entrepreneur
- Participate in NTA-assessment if your KAYEC grades match the NTA-requirements
- Further studies of automechatronics (Level 3 etc.)
To download the application form click here: Online Application Form