Are you interested in constructing buildings? Do you like to work with your hands and to create something durable, which can give families a home for generations? If yes, this is the perfect vocational training for you!
With this training you will learn how to plan and organize construction work as a person who is responsible for the construction site. As a prerequisite for this you will be taught to apply proper estimation, measuring and calculation methods according to your tasks as bricklayer. Further the course covers the knowledge about building different wall structures by bricklaying and plastering, as well as the manufacturing of the bricks themselves. If the content of this course sounds interesting to you and you can imagine to become a bricklayer to build up peoples homes, then this is the perfect vocational training for you!
FACTS ABOUT THE COURSE
- Duration: 6 months (two intakes per year, starting in January and July)
- Costs: N$ 1500 at the beginning of the course, N$ 1500 before the course ends (N$ 3000 in total)
- NTA-level: 1
- Available in Ondangwa ONLY
CONTENT OF THE COURSE
- Apply safety rules and regulations in bricklaying operation.
- Communication in the bricklaying team.
- Work in a bricklaying team.
- Manufacture bricks and blocks.
- Plan and organize work.
- Use bricks and bricklaying hand tools.
- Perform basic estimation, measurements, and calculation for bricklaying operation.
- Carry out basic leveling.
- Carry out basic excavation.
- Carry out basic setting out.
- Read and identify basic building drawing.
- Build a straight brick wall.
- Work safely on scaffolding, work platform, and ladders.
- Use of plastering and concreting hand tools.
COMPULSORY GENERIC SUBJECTS
- First Aid
- Fundamental Workplace Communication
- Mathematics / Numeracy
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Technical Drawing
PERSPECTIVES AFTER PASSING THE COURSE
- Applying at a company with the KAYEC certificate
- Opening your own business as an entrepreneur
- Participate in NTA-assessment if your KAYEC grades match the NTA-requirements
- Further studies of construction trainings at different institutions
To download the application press here: Online Application Form